Assistant Casino Shift Manager
- Employment Type
- Casino, Leadership
Are you interested in…..
- A Fast Track Career with Career Development and Career Advancement Opportunities?
- Flexible Works Schedules and Referral/Attendance Bonuses?
- Paid College Tuition, Free Meals, Discounted Transportation, Health Benefits and More?
Monarch Casino in Black Hawk is building a 23 story resort that will have over 500 rooms, 4 restaurants, and a full service spa/salon which is expected to open this summer!
Part Time and Full Time Team Members Will Enjoy:
- Team Member (TM) Referral Program – Not only do we pay our current TM up to $600, we pay your referral up to $1,600
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement up to $6,000 per calendar year
- Career Development and Advancement Opportunities
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Up to $100 in Weekly Cash Prizes
- Paid Trips to Atlantis Casino Resort and Spa
- 1 Free Meal per Shift
- Round Trip Bus Tickets for $4 per Day
- Free Parking
- Additional Premium Pay in Select Positions
Full Time Team Members also enjoy:
- Paid Vacation
- 6 Observed Holidays
- Health Benefit Insurance Package (medical, dental, vision, disability, and more)
- 401k Retirement Plan with Company Match
Don’t want to drive to Black Hawk? You don’t have to! Check out these casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch you can ride the casino bus for only $4 per day!
The Assistant Casino Shift Manager (ACSM) will contribute to our success by fulfilling two key roles. They act as a Table Games Leader and as a Casino Shift Manager (CSM). When the ACSM is fulfilling the CSM role, they are the acting General Manager on Duty and they perform numerous daily tasks and routines that ensure quality service is provided to all guests. During each shift, the CSM will visit each operational area and converse with guests and Team Members to promote and facilitate the highest guest service attainable. They must be able to identify and correct daily operational deficiencies to achieve this service; such as:
- Constantly review staffing needs and recommend increase/decrease in staffing levels to coincide with business demands.
- Identify signage problems and notifying proper departments to correct.
- Assist in resolving Team Member issues, responsible for motivating Team Members to ensure that they are providing quality service.
- Assist Managers and Supervisors to ensure that the operation is being managed in accordance with company standards.
- Maintain an active presence on the casino floor at all times.
- The ACSM also fulfills a Table Games Supervisor role. The Table Games Supervisor is responsible for supervising the Table Games department and they must be knowledgeable in all games approved by the Colorado Division of Gaming.
The ACSM/CSM will create a friendly work atmosphere and communicate an ‘Open Door’ policy to all team Members to resolve disputes in a timely manner. They must exhibit a positive and professional attitude with guests and Team Members. They will work toward resolving guest complaints and assist with guest incidents in a helpful, courteous, and constructive manner, and if necessary, review available documentation and/or create documentation concerning the incident. They should provide regular communication with all levels of management, providing recommendations on improving effectiveness on the property operation. They will make decisions based upon the best interests of the company while following Colorado Division of Gaming Rules and Regulations. From time to time they will relive Table Games Supervisors and Surveillance Operators when their respective managers are not available.
Other related duties including, but not limited to complying with the following;
- Colorado Limited Gaming Act
- Colorado Gaming Rules and Regulations
- Colorado Internal Control Minimum Procedures
- Colorado Liquor and Beer Codes
- Federal requirements for Anti-Money Laundering
- Company Policies
- IRS reporting
- Process payroll as needed
- Oversee daily operation of the table games department while maintaining a high level of guest service.
- Communicate effectively with team members, subordinates, and guests.
- Training, coaching and counseling of team members.
- Administrative duties as they pertain to table games.
- Process and verify table fills and credits.
- Checking guest I.D.’s.
- Responsible for the whole of supervision during varied shifts in the Table Games department.
- This position is expected to quickly gain knowledge of all casino property operations including slot operations, restaurant operations.
- Must have at least 3 years of experience in a Table Games leadership role.
- Must exhibit a commitment to both Guest Service and a safe work environment.
- Must effectively pass along information from shift to shift and from department to department when needed.
- Must be self-motivated and self-directed and be able to work under minimal supervision.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written formats with both internal and external guests.
- Must possess the ability to work well with others and under stressful conditions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Oasis applications.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common gaming documents and procedural manuals.
- 2 yrs Supervisor experience.
- High School Diploma required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Colorado Key Gaming License.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Black Hawk does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.