Assistant Beverage Manager
- Employment Type
- Food & Beverage, Hospitality, Leadership
Job Title: Assistant Beverage Manager
Salary: $65,000 +
Status: Full Time
In addition, we are offering you a $600 referral bonus for every friend/family that you bring after you start.
Bars and Lounges
Cabaret Stage Bar
High Limit Bar
Monarch VIP Lounge
Splash 23 Poolside Bar
There are many great advantages to work in Food & Beverage:
- Free Hot Meal per shift
- Non-smoking environment
- Subsidized transportation
- Working in and around the various restaurants and the casino floor
- Work with Elevated ingredients
- Advancement opportunities
As the Assistant Beverage Manager, you will oversee the operation of all beverage outlets Casino floor and Restaurants to ensure compliance with all standards and procedures established by the Food and Beverage Manager in addition to company health and regulatory standards and procedures. Monitor administrative duties of supervisory staff for accuracy, timeliness and compliance with departmental policies and procedures. The Beverage Manager must have working knowledge of all outlet beverage portion control policies, i.e. jigger pours, carafes. Recruit, interview, and recommend for hire all beverage positions – Cocktail Server, Bartender, Bar Back, Liquor/Inventory Control. Coach and discipline Team Members as needed to develop optimal performance. Must be able to work all shifts and maintain a flexible work schedule to adjust to the demands of the beverage operation.
Ideal candidate will meet the expectations set forth in the Department’s operating revenue and expense budget as measured by profitability and attaining reasonable rate of return investment of costs and expenses.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and able to obtain and maintain a Colorado Support Gaming License
- Previous Casino Beverage experence is recommended
- Minimum 3-5 year previous Food and/or Beverage Management experience required in FOH operations or relevant degree in hospitality program
- Ability to understand financial reports and apply the information in a timely and practical fashion to improve the operation
- Problem Solving, Quality Control and Priority Assessment – Must evaluate current practices and processes; immediately recognize potential areas of conflict; and initiate ways to improve current business methods, quality of products and services provided to the guests
- Conflict management-An Assistant Manager must recognize a problem when it arises and be able to resolve it appropriately by using good judgment, tact and initiative according to company policy and procedure
- Requires the often-unbiased mediation skills to handle all types of conflicts that will occur at all levels of supervision and the ability to negotiate effectively
- Information gathering - Must identify and utilize internal and external sources to improve and maintain the company’s objectives
- Sales Techniques and Guest Influence-Must understand products and services, develop new prospects for opportunity, and understand guest needs clearly.
- Must also possess substantial experience and remain current in state-of-the-art sales methods.
- Must set and meet sales goals
- Understands measurements of liquid, weight, and temperatures
- Ability to work in high volume, ever changing and sometimes loud environment
- Basic to intermediate computer knowledge
- Must possess excellent guest service and communication skills with the ability to deal with guests
- Ability to speak and write English
- Ability to communicate information through spoken words and sentences that others will understand
- Ability to read and understand information and instructions presented in writing
- Must be able to stand for duration of shift
- Must be able to bend, stoop and continuously use hands
- Ability to push and pull up to 25lbs pounds and occasionally up to 45lbs
- Ability to work all shifts including weekends and holidays when needed
- Successfully pass a pre-employment criminal background check and drug screen
Not only does Monarch offer a luxury experience for guests we offer luxury benefits to our Team Members as well!
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 2 Weeks PTO at your first-year anniversary of employment
- 6 Observed Holidays and Holiday Pay
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, 401k with company match
- Relocation Reimbursement
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 1 Free Hot Meal per shift and Unlimited Coffee, Tea, Soft Drinks
- Up to 48 hours of Sick Pay for Team Members Under 30 hrs per Week
- 80% Subsidized Bus Transportation Options
- Free Covered Parking
- Education/Tuition/Certification Reimbursement (up to $6,000 per calendar year)
- Wardrobe/Uniforms and Dry Cleaning Provided Free of Charge for most positions
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- Team Member Anniversary Recognition (earn resort credit, vacation trips and more!)
- Team Member Hotel, Retail and Spa Discounts
Save your gas and mileage on your car! Check out these convenient casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch, we subsidize your bus transportation up to 80%!
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Resort Spa does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.