Accounts Payable Clerk
- Employment Type
Are you interested in…..
- A Fast Track Career with Career Development and Career Advancement Opportunities?
- Flexible Works Schedules and Referral/Attendance Bonuses?
- Paid College Tuition, Free Meals, Discounted Transportation, Health Benefits and More?
Monarch Casino in Black Hawk is building a 23 story resort that will have over 500 rooms, 4 restaurants, and a full service spa/salon which is expected to open this summer!
Part Time and Full Time Team Members Will Enjoy:
- Team Member (TM) Referral Program – Not only do we pay our current TM up to $600, we pay your referral up to $1,600
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement up to $6,000 per calendar year
- Career Development and Advancement Opportunities
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Up to $100 in Weekly Cash Prizes
- Paid Trips to Atlantis Casino Resort and Spa
- 1 Free Meal per Shift
- Round Trip Bus Tickets for $4 per Day
- Free Parking
- Additional Premium Pay in Select Positions
Full Time Team Members also enjoy:
- Paid Vacation
- 6 Observed Holidays
- Health Benefit Insurance Package (medical, dental, vision, disability, and more)
- 401k Retirement Plan with Company Match
Don’t want to drive to Black Hawk? You don’t have to! Check out these casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch you can ride the casino bus for only $4 per day!
- Process day-to-day vendor invoices
- Process day to day invoices received to MBHAP email
- Process check requests
- Interact with internal and external customers in response to inquiries or report requests
- Gather and process all invoices for weekly Friday batch to Corp
- Assist with end of month close for AP
- Cross-train in all Accounts Payable functions
- Cross train in Inventory functions
- Cross train in GL coding
- Vendor statement reconciliation
Month end accruals
Process outgoing checks – stuff envelopes, place postage on mail and make sure they are mailed in a timely manner
- Experience in Accounts Payable-gaming industry preferred but not required
- Demonstrate experience with general ledger account reconciliations including month end closing Processes and knowledge of accounting principles
- Experience in an electronic accounts payable processing environment
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel and Word
- The ability to multi-task and willingness to learn new skills
- Demonstrate a positive attitude
- Detail oriented.
- Is personable and approachable
- Believes there is a solution to every problem-a problem solver
- Willing to assist team members in order to meet deadlines as well as work overtime to meet department deadlines
- Frequent lifting of objects weighing up to 25 pounds, sit for long period of times at desk lasting up to 4 hours
- Data entry in main frame computer system processing an average of 300 invoices weekly
- 10-key by touch, daily alphabetizing and numerical sequencing of documents for assigned accounts
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Black Hawk does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
Job Reference #: 9177