Steakhouse Sous Chef 3rd Shift
- Employment Type
- Food & Beverage, Leadership
Monarch Casino Resort Spa in Black Hawk, Colorado is opening a brand new expansion that will have over 500 luxurious rooms, 4 delectable restaurants, and a full service spa/salon, all of which is opening soon!
Our restaurants will feature a Chophouse, 24/7 Café, Specialty Restaurant, and Buffet. Our spa will feature state of the art spa services on top of the 23rd story of our resort along with a roof top pool, sauna’s, hot tubs and more!
Now hiring bold, motivated, team-focused individuals!
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) Will Enjoy:
- Hiring Bonus
- Team Member Referral Program
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Work Schedules
- 1 Free Meal per Shift
- Subsidized Transportation Options
- Free Parking
- Team Member Anniversary Program and Recognition
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) also enjoy:
- 1 week of PTO at 6 months and a 2nd week at 1 year
- 6 Observed Holidays
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability)
- 401k with company match
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- In-State and Out-of-State Relocation Assistance Programs
Don’t want to drive to Black Hawk? You don’t have to! Check out these casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch you can ride the casino bus for only $4-$6 per day!
The Sous Chef is the second in command in the kitchen and generally is in charge of food production. The Sous Chef assumes all the duties of the Room Chef in the chef’s absence. Responsibilities include assisting in interviewing, hiring, and training team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Propose menus and recipes
- Systemize food production to maximize efficiency and consistency
- Enforce purchasing specifications, storeroom requisition systems, product storage requirements, standardization recipes and waste control procedures
- Assist Executive Chef in recruiting, managing and disciplining kitchen personnel
- Train kitchen personnel in food production principles and practices and ensure that all recipes and food production practices are followed
- Assist Executive Chef in scheduling kitchen employees in conjunction with business forecasts and predetermined budget
- Train service personnel regarding food preparation, ingredients, nutritional values and special dietary requests
- 3 years’ experience in kitchen lead supervisor role
- Sous Chef serves as a role model and sets the standard for all team members to maintain high-quality and consistent customer service. This requires an advanced knowledge of industry best practices and customer service
- Attention to details both verbally and non-verbally therefore, the Sous Chef must encourage cooperative and consistent levels of communication with kitchen staff, front-end staff and management.
- Must adapt to different personalities of clients, vendors and coworkers without losing focus. Must possess high professional ethics and avoid extreme familiarity or conflicts with others
- Must evaluate current practices and processes; immediately recognize potential areas of conflict; and initiate ways to improve current business methods, quality of products and services provided to the customers
- A Sous Chef must recognize a problem when it arises and be able to resolve it appropriately by using good judgment, tact and initiative according to company policy and procedure. Requires the often-unbiased mediation skills to handle all types of conflicts that will occur at all levels of supervision and the ability to negotiate effectively
- Must enhance the quality of food-preparation services including ingredient changes to promote the uniqueness of recipes
- Must work overtime when needed and assist the workload of others
- Understands health and sanitation requirements for State of Colorado
- Familiar with computer/POS functions to include all MS Office functions
- Ability to effectively supervise others as well as be self-disciplined
- Must be familiar with how a restaurant and bar efficiently operates
- Available to work flexible schedule including weekends and holidays, etc
- Must pass a food handling and sanitation test
- Understands measurements of liquid and weight and temperatures
- Ability to work in high volume, sometimes loud and ever changing environment
- Basic to intermediate computer knowledge
- Must possess excellent guest service and communication skills with the ability to deal with guests.
- Ability to speak and write English.
- Ability to communicate information through spoken words and sentences that others will understand
- Ability to read and understand information and instructions presented in writing.
- Must be able to stand for duration of shift.
- Must be able to bend, stoop and continuously use hands.
- Ability to push and pull up to 25lbs pounds and occasionally up to 45lbs
- Ability to work all shifts including weekends and holidays when needed.
- Successfully pass a pre-employment criminal background check and drug screen.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Black Hawk does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.