Sous Chef - Bistro Mariposa
- Employment Type
- Food & Beverage, Leadership
Job Title: Upscale Restaurant Sous Chef
Salary: $65,000 +
Status: Full Time
In addition, we are offering you a $600 referral bonus for every friend/family that you bring after you start.
A fresh fusion of flavors is about to take flight.
Bistro Mariposa is about to change everything about dining in Black Hawk. This fresh, innovative concept is an alchemy of flavors designed to take diners on a taste adventure. We’ve paired the best, freshest, and most adventurous flavors of southwestern Baja cuisine together with the finest high-end tequilas and Colorado craft brews to create a menu unlike anything around. Take your taste buds on a tour of Baja during your next visit to Monarch Casino Resort Spa.
There are many great advantages to working for Food& Beverage:
- Fine Dining kitchen
- Work with Elevated ingredients
- Only open for diner service
- Constantly changing specials
- Advancement opportunities
The Sous Chef is the second in command in the kitchen and generally is in charge of food production. The Sous Chef assumes all the duties of the Room Chef in the chef’s absence. Responsibilities include assisting in interviewing, hiring, and training team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Propose menus and recipes
- Systemize food production to maximize efficiency and consistency
- Enforce purchasing specifications, storeroom requisition systems, product storage requirements, standardization recipes and waste control procedures
- Assist Executive Chef in recruiting, managing and disciplining kitchen personnel
- Train kitchen personnel in food production principles and practices and ensure that all recipes and food production practices are followed
- Assist Executive Chef in scheduling kitchen employees in conjunction with business forecasts and predetermined budget
- Train service personnel regarding food preparation, ingredients, nutritional values and special dietary requests
- College degree or equivalent
- Guest Service and Professionalism – The Sous Chef serves as role model and sets the standard for all team members to maintain high-quality and consistent customer service. This requires an advanced knowledge of industry best practices and customer service
- Communication – This position requires a commitment to details both verbally and non-verbally therefore; the Sous Chef must encourage cooperative and consistent levels of communication with kitchen staff, front-end staff and management. Must understand instructions, read written company memorandums and communicate with little or no additional direction
- Interpersonal Relationships – Must adapt to different personalities of clients, vendors and coworkers without losing focus. Must possess high professional ethics and avoid extreme familiarity or conflicts with others
- Problem Solving, Quality Control and Priority Assessment – Must evaluate current practices and processes; immediately recognize potential areas of conflict; and initiate ways to improve current business methods, quality of products and services provided to the customers
- Conflict management – A Sous Chef must recognize a problem when it arises and be able to resolve it appropriately by using good judgment, tact and initiative according to company policy and procedure. Requires the often-unbiased mediation skills to handle all types of conflicts that will occur at all levels of supervision and the ability to negotiate effectively
- Information Gathering – Must enhance the quality of food-preparation services including ingredient changes to promote the uniqueness of recipes
- Flexibility – Must work overtime when needed and assist the workload of others
- Understands health and sanitation requirements for State of Colorado
- Familiar with computer/POS functions to include all MS Office functions
- Ability to effectively supervise others as well as be self-disciplined
- Must be familiar with how a restaurant and bar efficiently operates
- Available to work flexible schedule including weekends and holidays, etc
- Must pass a food handling and sanitation test
- Understands measurements of liquid and weight and temperatures
Not only does Monarch offer a luxury experience for guests we offer luxury benefits to our Team Members as well!
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 2 Weeks PTO at your first-year anniversary of employment
- 6 Observed Holidays and Holiday Pay
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, 401k with company match
- Relocation Reimbursement
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 1 Free Hot Meal per shift and Unlimited Coffee, Tea, Soft Drinks
- Up to 48 hours of Sick Pay for Team Members Under 30 hrs per Week
- 80% Subsidized Bus Transportation Options
- Free Covered Parking
- Education/Tuition/Certification Reimbursement (up to $6,000 per calendar year)
- Wardrobe/Uniforms and Dry Cleaning Provided Free of Charge for most positions
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- Team Member Anniversary Recognition (earn resort credit, vacation trips and more!)
- Team Member Hotel, Retail and Spa Discounts
As a Team Member of Monarch, we subsidize your bus transportation up to 80%!
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Resort Spa does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.