Sommelier + sign-on & referral bonuses
- Employment Type
- Food & Beverage, Hospitality
Job Title: Sommelier
Salary: $80,000 - $85,000
Status: Full Time
Live and work where you vacation! Earn extra cash for the Holidays!
We are offering up to $400 sign on bonus + up to $2,000 for each referral that starts by December 7th.
Luxury matched only by the sublime beauty of the Colorado Rockies awaits you in our all new ULTIMATE resort. Experience everything that surrounds our beautiful location in the heart of the Rocky Mountains, including world-class skiing, fishing and horseback riding.
Epicurean adventures await at the all new restaurants inside Monarch Casino Resort Spa. The chef-driven menu at Monarch Chophouse features the finest steaks, seafood, and craft cocktails in four-star luxury. Indulge any time of the day at Twenty-Four 7 serving American and Asian fare. Light up your senses with exquisite flavors and cuisine from all corners of the globe at The Buffet. All new Bistro restaurant coming soon. Unwind from a long day in one of our multiple bars and lounges, with live music at our Cabaret bar every Monday and Tuesday.
There are many great advantages to working for Monarch Casino Resort and Spa
- Work with multiple vendors to supply the perfect pairing wines.
- Constantly changing specials
- Advancement opportunities
- Manages the daily activities necessary for maintenance and promotion of the organization's wine collection.
- Identifies and purchases wines for the organization.
- Monitors the conditions of the wine cellar, ensuring optimal storage.
- Works with the culinary team to develop food and wine pairings.
- Greets and communicates with all guests in a friendly and courteous manner, using their names whenever possible.
- Increase revenue by Training Team Members to up-sell, and other suggestive procedures.
- Decrease expenses through proper handling of product, and other suggestive procedures.
- Ensure prompt and friendly service at all times. Smile and show genuine interest in the guests’ needs and always accommodate any reasonable request.
- Circulate through the assigned area, recommends and serves wine to guests.
- Promotes training modules for the wait staff.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
- Leads and directs the work of others.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Have a strong understanding of the inventory and inventory controls.
- Follow and practice all alcoholic beverage laws, policies and regulations.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area and a clean section at all times, free from dirty glassware and bottles.
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed.
- Hire and train Team Members if needed.
- Coach and discipline when needed.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- The ability to describe wine products in a way that is pleasant and attractive.
- The experience of working with a broad set of clientele and the ability to understand their different wine tastes and preferences.
- A good knowledge of the products and regions represented by our wine program.
- Understands wine lists that are truly international in scope and content.
- Microsoft Office and Micros.
- Operate POS system for correct ordering procedures and provide correct charge when applicable.
- Have the ability to utilize the Stratton-Warren system for ordering and product transfers.
- May require an associate's degree or its equivalent.
- At least 3 years of experience in the field or in a related area and fine dining experience.
- May possess or be working towards a recognized Sommelier Certification Course.
- Exceed the expectations of our guests through knowledge, integrity and service.
- Aspiring to 'break the mold' of standard wine service and become far and away the industry leader in wine friendly outlets.
- Proudly representing and working with wine makers who articulate strong regional characteristics and outstanding quality in their products, thus providing our guests with a diverse and select portfolio of premium wines.
- Thorough knowledge of beverage service, spirits, wine product and outstanding service.
- Know the brands of beer, wine, and liquors offered for consumption, as well as the ingredients to the most commonly asked for cocktails and specialty drinks, the garnishes they require, the proper glassware, and price.
- Watch for signs of intoxication for the protection and enjoyment of the guest.
- Communicate and interact with Director, Beverage Manager/Supervisor, and Team Members.
- Perform and document physical inventory counts.
- Provide a timely response to requests for information and reports regarding the department and the position.
- Adhere to all grooming standards.
Not only does Monarch offer a luxury experience for guests we offer luxury benefits to our Team Members as well!
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 2 Weeks PTO within your first year of employment
- 6 Observed Holidays and Holiday Pay
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, 401k with company match
- Relocation Reimbursement
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 1 Free Hot Meal per shift and Unlimited Coffee, Tea, Soft Drinks
- Up to 48 hours of Sick Pay for Team Members Under 30 hrs per Week
- 80% Subsidized Bus Transportation Options – most GRAVE positions 100% Subsidized
- Free Covered Parking
- Education/Tuition/Certification Reimbursement (up to $6,000 per calendar year)
- Wardrobe/Uniforms and Dry Cleaning Provided Free of Charge for most positions
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- Team Member Anniversary Recognition (earn resort credit, vacation trips and more!)
- Team Member Hotel, Retail, and Spa Discounts
Don’t want to drive to Black Hawk? You don’t have to! Check out these casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch we subsidize your bus transportation from 80% up to 100%!
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Black Hawk does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.