Software Development Process and Project Management
- Employment Type
This incumbent as a Technology / Software Development Process and Project Manager provides leadership and coaching to development team in process analysis and improvement, project and product management (Waterfall and Agile), and change management skills
- Adopts the role of a “scrum master” (facilitator for an agile development team).
- Bridges the communications gaps between stakeholders and the development team.
- Assists in discovering and removing outside impediments that distract the teams progress.
- Ensures that team meetings are positive, productive, and kept within the allotted timeframe.
- Coaching the team members in organization, self-management and product cross-functionality.
- Preserves an environment where the team can be effective.
- Ensuring good relationship between teams and product owner as well as others outside the team.
- Understanding of SDLC (software development life cycle) and the available tooling that would support such a process
- Develops and implements project plan, or sub-element of a project, including cost, schedule, risk and performance for new software product introduction or continuation
- Helps the team focus on creating high-value increments that meet the “Definition of Done”.
- Ability to break down existing business processes and identify areas of improvement.
- Strong understanding of program and project management experience, in particular experience of multi-year change program impacting a broad set of stakeholders across an organization
- Previous experience working in hospitality and gaming (beneficial)
- An excellent communicator with influencing skills at all levels
- Experienced in working with resources remotely; 3rd party vendors, contract employees, etc. (prior experience working with 3rd party development teams outside the United States a plus).
- Ability to flowchart business processes; from both a technical and business perspective.
- Prior experience working with flowcharting tools (i.e. Visio, draw.io, etc.)
- Prior experience w/ Compliance & Operational Risk Management is a plus.
- Experience working with structured development methodologies with an emphasis on an iterative approach
TECHNICAL/PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE (Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience)
- Understanding of “Application Metrics” and ability to analyze data and generate new metrics.
- Agile project tracking tools (i.e. Azure DevOps, Visual Studio, Microsoft Teams, Jira, Salesforce.com, etc.)
- Project Management & Program Reporting principles and KPIs
- SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle)
- Software Usability Analysis and best practices
- Good understanding of software methodologies
- Ability to identify whether a project scope should be defined as agile or waterfall
- Enterprise identity access management systems
- 3+ years’ experience as a Project Manager or equivalent
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with ethical integrity; Upholds organizational values.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes Information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments. Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa fosters a team working environment, family/work life balance and an environment that is focused on team member recognition and appreciation. Some of the ways in which we accomplish this is by offering the following:
- Education Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Benefits (Medical /Dental/Vision/Disability & more)
- Paid Vacation
- Holiday Pay
- 401K with Company Match
- RTC Discount
- Recreation /Fitness Discounts
- Weekly Resort Prizes
- Career Development and Training Workshops
- FREE daily meal
- Internal Advancement