Restaurant Manager + sign-on & referral bonuses
- Employment Type
- Food & Beverage, Leadership
Job Title: Restaurant Manager
Salary: $80,000 - $85,000 + Free Meal + Benefits
Status: Full Time
Other Compensation: This position is bonus eligible after completion of one full calendar year which is determined by the Company in its sole discretion and based on certain Company and personal performance objectives
Live and work where you vacation! Earn extra cash for the Holidays!
We are offering up to $5,000 in relocation reimbursement + $400 sign on bonus + up to $2,000 for each referral that starts by December 7th.
Luxury matched only by the sublime beauty of the Colorado Rockies awaits you in our all new ULTIMATE resort. Experience everything that surrounds our beautiful location in the heart of the Rocky Mountains, including world-class skiing, fishing and horseback riding.
Epicurean adventures await at the all new restaurants inside Monarch Casino Resort Spa. The chef-driven menu at Monarch Chophouse features the finest steaks, seafood, and craft cocktails in four-star luxury. Indulge any time of the day at Twenty-Four 7 serving American and Asian fare. Light up your senses with exquisite flavors and cuisine from all corners of the globe at The Buffet. All new Bistro restaurant coming soon. Unwind from a long day in one of our multiple bars and lounges, with live music at our Cabaret bar every Monday and Tuesday.
- Operate the restaurant in accordance with Monarch's statement
- Monitor the operation of the restaurant to ensure compliance with all standards and procedures established by the Food & Beverage Director as well as company and county health and regulatory standards and procedures.
- Understand financial reports and apply the information in a timely and practical fashion so as to improve the operation.
- Implement and insure prompt and courteous service to our guests in compliance with standards set forth by Monarch Casino and Spa, and the Food & Beverage Director.
- Maintain proper staffing levels through efficient hiring of new Team Members.
- Monitor the Team Members of the restaurant to assure they provide service in accordance with company and departmental standards and take action to correct any deficiencies through training and discipline.
- Prepare work schedules of Team Members and delegate work and station assignments.
- Prepare Team Member performance evaluations and disciplinary notices.
- Circulate through restaurant and coordinate activities of Team Member’s to provide efficient and courteous service to our guests.
- Inspect and monitor cleanliness of the restaurant and comply with safety and health code regulations.
- Greet and communicate with guests in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Resolve guest complaints and issues.
- Communicate and interact with food shift supervisors and Team Members.
- Know, understand, follow, and enforce all company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Proficiently operate POS systems, Stratton-Warren inventory system, as well as office computer systems including Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
- Facilitate all aspects of repairs and maintenance.
- Keep documentation through proper email systems.
- Decrease costs through effective scheduling and management of waste.
- Increase revenue through training and use of financial reports to ensure up-sell of product.
- Create new ideas and implement these ideas.
- Readily identify and implement more efficient methods of operation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 3 to 5 years high volume restaurant supervision or management preferred.
- Ability to obtain an Alcohol Awareness Certification.
- Ability to obtain a Food Safety Certification.
- Knowledge of beer, wine, and alcohol.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge in use of POS systems.
- Computer knowledge, including Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Professional appearance in dress and manner.
- Establishes concrete performance standards for both Team Members and room management.
- Provides adequate structure, direction, and feedback to Team Members and room management.
- Successfully identifies, analyzes, and solves problems.
- Works well with guests and staff by maintaining a positive and approachable attitude.
- Adheres and implements all safety and security policies and procedures.
Not only does Monarch offer a luxury experience for guests we offer luxury benefits to our Team Members as well!
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 2 Weeks PTO within your first year of employment
- 6 Observed Holidays and Holiday Pay
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, 401k with company match
- Relocation Reimbursement
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 1 Free Hot Meal per shift and Unlimited Coffee, Tea, Soft Drinks
- Up to 48 hours of Sick Pay for Team Members Under 30 hrs per Week
- 80% Subsidized Bus Transportation Options – most GRAVE positions 100% Subsidized
- Free Covered Parking
- Education/Tuition/Certification Reimbursement (up to $6,000 per calendar year)
- Wardrobe/Uniforms and Dry Cleaning Provided Free of Charge for most positions
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- Team Member Anniversary Recognition (earn resort credit, vacation trips and more!)
- Team Member Hotel, Retail, and Spa Discounts
Don’t want to drive to Black Hawk? You don’t have to! Check out these casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch we subsidize your bus transportation from 80% up to 100%!
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Black Hawk does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.