Public Area Housekeeping Supervisor
- Employment Type
- Casino, Hospitality, Leadership
Job Title: Public Area Housekeeping Shift Supervisor
Starting at: $43,680
Status: Full Time
Other Compensation: none
Say GOODBYE to that DEAD-END JOB and let your new career take flight at the Monarch Casino Resort Spa in Black Hawk Colorado! Apply online now, OR text "MONARCH" to 97211, OR call us at 720-406-3800.
Luxury matched only by the sublime beauty of the Colorado Rockies awaits you in our all new Resort! Monarch’s new resort features a Chophouse, 24/7 Café, Buffet, and Specialty Restaurant (coming soon). Experience the heart-pounding gaming action on our newly-expanded casino floor, featuring over 1,200 of the hottest slot machines, 40 table games with unlimited betting, a new poker room and sports betting room coming soon. Our spa features state of the art spa services on top of the 23rd story of our resort along with a roof top pool, saunas, hot tubs, bar and more!
Not only does Monarch offer a luxury experience for guests we offer luxury benefits to our Team Members as well!
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 2 Weeks PTO within your first year of employment
- 6 Observed Holidays and Holiday Pay
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, 401k with company match
- In-State and Out-of-State Relocation Reimbursement
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- Hiring Bonuses for Non-Management (up to $400 position depending)
- Team Member Referral Program (we pay you and your referral up to $600 each)
- Education/Tuition/Certification Reimbursement (up to $6,000 per calendar year)
- Wardrobe/Uniforms Provided Free of Charge for Most Positions
- 1 Free Hot Meal per Shift
- Up to 80% Subsidized Bus Transportation Options (we pay $24-$26 YOU pay $4-$6 round trip for casino busses through Ace Express and Ramblin)
- Free Covered Parking
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- Team Member Anniversary Recognition (earn resort credit and more)
- Hotel and Resort Discounts
- Up to 48 hours of Sick Pay for Team Members Under 30 hrs per Week
Don’t want to drive to Black Hawk? You don’t have to! Check out these casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch you can ride the casino bus for only $4-$6 per day!
The Supervisor is responsible for cleaning and general upkeep of the property while providing leadership to Public Area Housekeeping Team Members. Must ensure Team Members complete assigned tasks to Company standards and in a timely manner. Ensures a high level of cleanliness and sanitation throughout the property including but not limited to the casino floor, buffet and the parking garage. Must have a sharp eye for detail, the ability to prioritize the needs of the department and be able to multitask effectively. Must also be willing to lead by example and work side by side with the team.
- Manages 5-8 Public Area Housekeeping Department Team Members.
- Manages performance management for their direct reports (coaching, discipline, recognition, performance reviews, etc.)
- Maintains regular communication with department management.
- Responsible for interviewing and hiring overnight team members.
- Cleans all casino areas including casino floor, buffet and parking garage.
- Duties include but are not limited to scrubbing, dusting, vacuuming and moping.
- Directs team assignments and follows up to ensure completion to Company Standards.
- Cleans and stock casino restrooms.
- Empties trash containers from all areas of the casino property.
- Reports broken items to management or Facilities department.
- Responds to radio calls.
- Assist other departments with cleaning when needed.
- Provide excellent guest service.
- Previous Housekeeping and management experience preferred.
- Must be friendly, approachable and team-orientated.
- Must have good communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well with others and alone.
- Must be able to walk, stand and sit for various amounts of time, perform repetitive motion with hands and arms.
- Must be able to to balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and reach with hands.
- Must be able to lift heavy items.
- Must be able to work all shifts, weekends and holidays.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Black Hawk does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.