Director of Surveillance
- Employment Type
- Casino, Hospitality, Hotel
Job Title: Director of Surveillance
Salary: $100,000 - $120,000 DOE
Status: Full Time
Shift: Typically TUESDAY - SATURDAY 8am-5pm (On-Site) - must be available at times on weekends, evenings, and Holidays remotely and in person.
Other Compensation: This position is bonus eligible after completion of one full calendar year which is determined by the Company in its sole discretion and based on certain Company and personal performance objectives
Luxury matched only by the sublime beauty of the Colorado Rockies awaits you in our all new ULTIMATE resort. Experience everything that surrounds our beautiful location in the heart of the Rocky Mountains, including world-class skiing, fishing and horseback riding.
Monarch’s ultimate resort features a Chophouse, 24/7 Café, Buffet, and Bistro Restaurant. Experience the heart-pounding gaming action on our newly-expanded casino floor, featuring over 1,200 of the hottest slot machines, 40 table games including: black jack, Pai Gow, roulette, and baccarat with unlimited betting; a new poker room and sports betting room. On our 23rd floor experience breath taking panoramic mountain views in our Spa, Fitness Center, and Pool.
The Director of Surveillance is responsible for strategic oversight, planning, development and integration of the surveillance department and an intricate role in Resort Operations, including the processing, exploitation, dissemination and communication for Monarch. The Director of Surveillance is responsible for the all surveillance of gaming operation and gaming support areas of the Resort Operations.
Qualified candidates will have at least 8-10 years of experience in Casino surveillance, 5-7 years in a department head or director role and possess a demonstrated knowledge of state and federal laws relating to gaming operations and cash transactions. A deep knowledge of gaming device operations and areas of potential monetary loss, have the ability to detect cheating/theft related activities and take appropriate actions to protect funds and prevent further losses, have the ability to detect guest gaming activities designed to enhance player win potential and have the ability to replace electronic equipment needed for daily activities within work area.
Major duties and responsibilities will also include:
- Maintain a high quality of guest service according to Monarch’s highest standards.
- Ability to work any shift as needed in a 24 hour/ 365 day environment to include overtime as needed when unexpected staff shortages have occurred.
- Oversees surveillance operations Monarch and ensures the proper surveillance and timely investigation of questionable and/or illegal activity on Monarch’s property.
- Assists in protecting Monarch’s assets through diligent and thorough monitoring of all areas, rooms, and departments of the Resort.
- Mentors and provides guidance to the Surveillance staff and monitors their daily performance and ensures all policies and guidelines are regularly followed.
- Has experience and knowledge of the utilization of all equipment and software used to identify, record, document, and report suspicious behavior, illegal activity, security/safety risks, and violations of company and/or departmental guidelines.
- Works with Corporate Surveillance Management and vendors to implement surveillance equipment repairs and upgrades.
- Periodically reviews and monitors surveillance reports, documentation, video evidence and logs for accuracy and completeness.
- Compiles and presents results of investigations, personnel and tracking information.
- Works with and maintains positive relationship with law enforcement and gaming entities.
- Monitors and ensures staff compliance with Colorado Division Gaming Regulations.
- Communicates and enforces new policies and procedures.
- Manages the Surveillance Department and attends property operational meetings as required.
- Knowledge of the various game mechanics and ability to review gaming play breakdowns, statistical analysis, and detailed gaming studies of all games/players/comps to assist casino operations.
- Plans, assigns, and directs work, appraises performance, rewards, and disciplines team members.. Arranges schedules to accommodate coverage of shifts when necessary; addresses complaints and resolves problems for team members.
- Interviews and make hiring decisions for new team members or for promotions/merits.
- Responsible for creating, developing and adhering to a property department budget.
- Remains current with all criminal trends that threaten the security of casino assets and the integrity of casino operations.
- Schedules, organizes and directs staff meetings and other activities, trainings and events, as required.
- Ensures documentation and control of all evidence in the direct control and custody of the Surveillance Department.
- Must have or able to gain an active Colorado Gaming License.
- 8-10 years in a casino surveillance role
- 5-7 years in department head or director surveillance role.
- Training in gaming protection and casino operations
- Technical knowledge in surveillance systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Excels in resolving conflicts.
- Experience handling departmental budgets, capital expenditures and ordering of equipment/supplies.
- Ability to remain calm and professional when under pressure.
- Basic computer skills, networking skills, trouble shooting skills.
- Experienced in conducting investigations and report writing.
- Certification in CPR, AED and Basic First Aid is desired.
- Must have surveillance experience over the games of roulette and craps.
- Excellent knowledge of ICMPs, Colorado Rules and Regulations, and in house policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work all shifts, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Not only does Monarch offer a luxury experience for guests we offer luxury benefits to our Team Members as well!
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 2 Weeks PTO at your first-year anniversary of employment
- 6 Observed Holidays and Holiday Pay
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, 401k with company match
- Relocation Reimbursement
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 1 Free Hot Meal per shift and Unlimited Coffee, Tea, Soft Drinks
- Up to 48 hours of Sick Pay for Team Members Under 30 hrs per Week
- 80% Subsidized Bus Transportation Options
- Free Covered Parking
- Education/Tuition/Certification Reimbursement (up to $6,000 per calendar year)
- Wardrobe/Uniforms and Dry Cleaning Provided Free of Charge for most positions
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- Team Member Anniversary Recognition (earn resort credit, vacation trips and more!)
- Team Member Hotel, Retail and Spa Discounts
Save your gas and mileage on your car! Check out these convenient casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch, we subsidize your bus transportation up to 80%!
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Resort Spa does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.