Beverage Supervisor + sign-on & referral bonuses
- Employment Type
- Casino, Food & Beverage, Hospitality, Hotel, Leadership
Job Title: Beverage Supervisor
Salary: $45,000 - $55,000
Status: Full Time
We are offering $400 sign-on + up to $1,500 for each referral that starts by February 15th.
Luxury matched only by the sublime beauty of the Colorado Rockies awaits you in our all new ULTIMATE resort. Experience everything that surrounds our beautiful location in the heart of the Rocky Mountains, including world-class skiing, fishing and horseback riding.
Epicurean adventures await at the all new restaurants inside Monarch Casino Resort Spa. The chef-driven menu at Monarch Chophouse features the finest steaks, seafood, and craft cocktails in four-star luxury. Indulge any time of the day at Twenty-Four 7 serving American and Asian fare. Light up your senses with exquisite flavors and cuisine from all corners of the globe at The Buffet. All new Bistro restaurant coming soon. Unwind from a long day in one of our multiple bars and lounges, with live music at our Cabaret bar every Monday and Tuesday.
There are many great advantages to work in our restaurants:
- Free Hot Meal per shift
- Non-smoking environment
- Subsidized transportation
- Working in and around the various restaurants and the casino floor
- Work with Elevated ingredients
- Advancement opportunities
- Monitor the operation of all beverage outlets to ensure compliance with all standards and procedures established by the Food and Beverage director in addition to company health and regulatory standards and procedures.
- Monitor administrative duties of supervisory staff for accuracy, timeliness and compliance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Implement guest service standards throughout the department, monitor the Team Members of the beverage department to assure they provide service accordance with the standards and act to correct deficiencies.
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests, team members and management in both written and verbal form.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks and to deploy resources effectively.
- Lead the Beverage department to identify, evaluate, and develop strategies to enhance revenue, increase profitability, increase guest satisfaction with the department’s services and facilities.
- Increase revenue by training Team M embers proper ways to up-sell, and other suggestive procedures.
- Decrease expenses through proper handling of product, and other suggestive procedures.
- Must always obtain Serve Safe Alcohol Awareness Card and a Colorado Gaming license during shift and act responsibly in accordance with health and alcohol training.
- Must have knowledge of health code regulations and ensure that the designated work area is maintained to the proper standards.
- Inspect and monitor cleanliness of entire beverage outlets and comply with safety and health code regulations.
- Work is typically in an area, which may be unusually hot, cold, noisy, and may contain second hand smoke.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime as required.
- Work may be performed in small areas with a 3 ft. access.
- Tasks performed from a non-sitting position.
- Tasks include the maintenance and care of assigned area.
- Work may entail trained chemical usage.
- Constant contact with fellow Guests and Team Members is required.
- Must have knowledge of casino safety procedures and emergency evacuation procedures for the Guests and Team Members.
- Monitor staffing levels for all Beverage outlets and adjust according to business levels and conditions.
- Must properly supervise the utilization of cleaning supplies including glass cleaner, disinfectants and all-purpose cleaners.
- Beverage Manager must have working knowledge of all outlet beverage portion control policies, i.e. jigger pours, carafes.
- Must verify all product and equipment needs within the designated work area during every shift. Bring IT and Maintenance issues to the attention of proper departments to ensure quality performance.
- Must be aware of the location of the Beverage policies and Procedures Manual.
- Must have the ability to manage time effectively with a minimum of supervision.
- Must inform the CSM of any Team Member or Guest issues.
- Discipline, coach, and train all team members to Monarch Beverage Policies and Procedures.
- Have input in interview and recommend for hire.
- Follow all departmental policies and procedures.
- Perform all duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 21 and able to gain a Colorado Gaming License.
- Must be able to lift to 30 lbs. with or without assistance.
- Ability to climb, bend, reach, push, pull, stoop, grasp, walk, sit and stand for the duration of shift.
- Must maintain accurate and proper comp and cash hadling procedures, using cash bank, cash register, cash drop, slot bank, and POS terminal functions in accordance with department policies.
- Proficiently operate Stratton-Warren Inventory system.
- Require manual dexterity to operate job related equipment.
- Prior experience and education in this position is preferred but not required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multi task.
- Implement the Monarch Casino Resort Spa Mission, Company Policies and Procedures as well as departmental policies and procedures with the measurement of success consisting of demonstration of these principles by all Team Members within the Department.
- Understand financial reports and apply the information in a timely and practical fashion to improve the operation.
- Meet the expectations set forth in the Department’s operating revenue and expense budget as measured by profitability and attaining reasonable rate of return investment of costs and expenses.
- Respond in a timely manner to request of information and reports regarding the department.
- Maintain consistently high levels of guest services as defined and measures within the Monarch Casino Resort Spa guest service expectations and criteria.
- Know all the positions and current operations.
- Thorough knowledge of beverage service and wine products and outstanding service.
Not only does Monarch offer a luxury experience for guests we offer luxury benefits to our Team Members as well!
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 2 Weeks PTO within your first year of employment
- 6 Observed Holidays and Holiday Pay
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, 401k with company match
- Relocation Reimbursement
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 1 Free Hot Meal per shift and Unlimited Coffee, Tea, Soft Drinks
- Up to 48 hours of Sick Pay for Team Members Under 30 hrs per Week
- 80% Subsidized Bus Transportation Options – most GRAVE positions 100% Subsidized
- Free Covered Parking
- Education/Tuition/Certification Reimbursement (up to $6,000 per calendar year)
- Wardrobe/Uniforms and Dry Cleaning Provided Free of Charge for most positions
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- Team Member Anniversary Recognition (earn resort credit, vacation trips and more!)
- Team Member Hotel, Retail, and Spa Discounts
Don’t want to drive to Black Hawk? You don’t have to! Check out these casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch, we subsidize your bus transportation from 80% up to 100%!
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Black Hawk does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.