Assistant Beverage Manager
- Employment Type
- Food & Beverage
Are you interested in…..
• A Fast Track Career with Career Development and Career Advancement Opportunities?
• Flexible Works Schedules and Referral/Attendance Bonuses?
• Paid College Tuition, Free Meals, Discounted Transportation, Health Benefits and More?
Monarch Casino in Black Hawk is building a 23 story resort that will have over 500 rooms, 4 restaurants, and a full service spa/salon which is expected to open this summer!
Part Time and Full Time Team Members Will Enjoy:
• Team Member (TM) Referral Program – Not only do we pay our current TM up to $600, we pay your referral up to $1,600
• Education/Tuition Reimbursement up to $6,000 per calendar year
• Career Development and Advancement Opportunities
• Flexible Work Schedules
• Up to $100 in Weekly Cash Prizes
• Paid Trips to Atlantis Casino Resort and Spa
• 1 Free Meal per Shift
• Round Trip Bus Tickets for $4 per Day
• Free Parking
• Additional Premium Pay in Select Positions
Full Time Team Members also enjoy:
• Paid Vacation
• 6 Observed Holidays
• Health Benefit Insurance Package (medical, dental, vision, disability, and more)
• 401k Retirement Plan with Company Match
Don’t want to drive to Black Hawk? You don’t have to! Check out these casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch you can ride the casino bus for only $4 per day!
Monarch Casino Black Hawk is a central part of a vibrant and diverse mountain community that focuses on providing an outstanding experience for our guests. Build your career in a dynamic and fast paced environment where you can pursue your interests.
As the Assistant Beverage Manager you will oversee the operation of all beverage outlets to ensure compliance with all standards and procedures established by the Food and Beverage Manager in addition to company health and regulatory standards and procedures. Monitor administrative duties of supervisory staff for accuracy, timeliness and compliance with departmental policies and procedures. The Beverage Manager must have working knowledge of all outlet beverage portion control policies, i.e. jigger pours, carafes. Recruit, interview, and recommend for hire all beverage positions – Cocktail Server, Bartender, Bar Back, Liquor/Inventory Control. Coach and discipline Team Members as needed to develop optimal performance. Must be able to work all shifts and maintain a flexible work schedule to adjust to the demands of the beverage operation.
Ideal candidate will meet the expectations set forth in the Department’s operating revenue and expense budget as measured by profitability and attaining reasonable rate of return investment of costs and expenses.
- Maintain accurate and proper comp and cash handling procedures, use cash bank, cash register, cash drop, slot bank, and POS terminal functions in accordance with department policies.
- Proficiently operate Inventory system (Stratton Warren experience preferred).
- Interviewing, disciplining, developing/training and scheduling of staff.
- Lead team member shift meetings.
- Monitors and manages shift activities, opening and closing duties.
- Interacts with guests to resolve any guest issues.
- Works with other supervisors and line staff to facilitate a pleasurable dining experience for guests.
- Fills in for line staff when required.
- Demonstrates proactive leadership skills.
- Communicates well with guests and team members in a team environment.
- Must facilitate repeat business through pleasurable dining experiences.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and able to obtain and maintain a Colorado Support Gaming License.
- Minimum 3-5 year previous Food and/or Beverage Management experience required in FOH operations or relevant degree in hospitality program.
- Ability to understand financial reports and apply the information in a timely and practical fashion to improve the operation.
- Problem Solving, Quality Control and Priority Assessment – Must evaluate current practices and processes; immediately recognize potential areas of conflict; and initiate ways to improve current business methods, quality of products and services provided to the guests.
- Conflict management-An Assistant Manager must recognize a problem when it arises and be able to resolve it appropriately by using good judgment, tact and initiative according to company policy and procedure. Requires the often-unbiased mediation skills to handle all types of conflicts that will occur at all levels of supervision and the ability to negotiate effectively.
- Information Gathering-Must identify and utilize internal and external sources to improve and maintain the company’s objectives.
- Sales Techniques and Guest Influence-Must understand products and services, develop new prospects for opportunity, and understand guest needs clearly. Must also possess substantial experience and remain current in state-of-the-art sales methods. Must set and meet sales goals.
- Understands measurements of liquid, weight, and temperatures
- Ability to work in high volume, ever changing and sometimes loud environment
- Basic to intermediate computer knowledge
- Must possess excellent guest service and communication skills with the ability to deal with guests.
- Ability to speak and write English.
- Ability to communicate information through spoken words and sentences that others will understand
- Ability to read and understand information and instructions presented in writing.
- Must be able to stand for duration of shift.
- Must be able to bend, stoop and continuously use hands.
- Ability to push and pull up to 25lbs pounds and occasionally up to 45lbs
- Ability to work all shifts including weekends and holidays when needed.
- Successfully pass a pre-employment criminal background check and drug screen.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Black Hawk does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
Job Reference #: 9133