24/7 Restaurant Sous Chef
- Employment Type
- Food & Beverage
Are you interested in…..
- A Fast Track Career with Career Development and Career Advancement Opportunities?
- Flexible Works Schedules and Referral/Attendance Bonuses?
- Paid College Tuition, Free Meals, Discounted Transportation, Health Benefits and More?
Monarch Casino in Black Hawk is building a 23 story resort that will have over 500 rooms, 4 restaurants, and a full service spa/salon which is expected to open soon!
Part Time and Full Time Team Members Will Enjoy:
- Team Member (TM) Referral Program – Not only do we pay our current TM up to $600, we pay your referral up to $1,600
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement up to $6,000 per calendar year
- Career Development and Advancement Opportunities
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Up to $100 in Weekly Cash Prizes
- Paid Trips to Atlantis Casino Resort and Spa
- 1 Free Meal per Shift
- Round Trip Bus Tickets for $4 per Day
- Free Parking
- Additional Premium Pay in Select Positions
Full Time Team Members also enjoy:
- Paid Vacation
- 6 Observed Holidays
- Health Benefit Insurance Package (medical, dental, vision, disability, and more)
- 401k Retirement Plan with Company Match
Don’t want to drive to Black Hawk? You don’t have to! Check out these casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch you can ride the casino bus for only $4 per day!
The Sous Chef is the second in command in the kitchen and generally is in charge of food production. The Sous Chef assumes all the duties of the Room Chef in the chef’s absence. Responsibilities include assisting in interviewing, hiring, and training team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Propose menus and recipes
- Systemize food production to maximize efficiency and consistency
- Enforce purchasing specifications, storeroom requisition systems, product storage requirements, standardization recipes and waste control procedures
- Assist Executive Chef in recruiting, managing and disciplining kitchen personnel
- Train kitchen personnel in food production principles and practices and ensure that all recipes and food production practices are followed
- Assist Executive Chef in scheduling kitchen employees in conjunction with business forecasts and predetermined budget
- Train service personnel regarding food preparation, ingredients, nutritional values and special dietary requests
- College degree or equivalent
- Guest Service and Professionalism – The Sous Chef serves as role model and sets the standard for all team members to maintain high-quality and consistent customer service. This requires an advanced knowledge of industry best practices and customer service
- Communication – This position requires a commitment to details both verbally and non-verbally therefore, the Sous Chef must encourage cooperative and consistent levels of communication with kitchen staff, front-end staff and management. Must understand instructions, read written company memorandums and communicate with little or no additional direction
- Interpersonal Relationships – Must adapt to different personalities of clients, vendors and coworkers without losing focus. Must possess high professional ethics and avoid extreme familiarity or conflicts with others
- Problem Solving, Quality Control and Priority Assessment – Must evaluate current practices and processes; immediately recognize potential areas of conflict; and initiate ways to improve current business methods, quality of products and services provided to the customers
- Conflict management – A Sous Chef must recognize a problem when it arises and be able to resolve it appropriately by using good judgment, tact and initiative according to company policy and procedure. Requires the often-unbiased mediation skills to handle all types of conflicts that will occur at all levels of supervision and the ability to negotiate effectively
- Information Gathering – Must enhance the quality of food-preparation services including ingredient changes to promote the uniqueness of recipes
- Flexibility – Must work overtime when needed and assist the workload of others
- Understands health and sanitation requirements for State of Colorado
- Familiar with computer/POS functions to include all MS Office functions
- Ability to effectively supervise others as well as be self-disciplined
- Must be familiar with how a restaurant and bar efficiently operates
- Available to work flexible schedule including weekends and holidays, etc
- Must pass a food handling and sanitation test
- Understands measurements of liquid and weight and temperatures
Job Reference #: 9809